Partner function is two-character identification key that describes the people and organization with whom you do the business, and who are therefore involved in transaction. Here is some standard Partner Function for customer-
- Sold-to party
- Ship-to party
- Bill-to party
The Partner and business partner term in SAP SD refers to parties with whom you do business. Each business partner has specific role. E.g. Sold-to party - Business Partner who order the goods / Services. The Partner Determination can be done in three steps-
- Define Partner Function
- Create Partner Determination procedure by grouping Partner function.
- Assign the partner determination procedure to respective partner object.
Step 1 - Define Partner Function:
- Enter T-Code VOPAN in Command Bar.
- Select Customer Master Partner Object
- Click on Change Button, Partner Determination Procedure Screen appear.
- Click On New Entries Button.
- Enter Partner Determination Procedure and name.
- Double click on Partner Function node - Screen as below appear.
- Click on New Entries Button.
- Enter Partner Function Detail
Enter Partner Function / Name / Partner Type.
|Partner Function||Two-character unique identifier for each partner function.|
|Name||A meaningful description for this partner function.|
|Partner Type||It tells whether the partner function is for a customer (KU), a vendor (LI), a contact person (AP), and so on.|
Step 2 - Partner Determination procedure by grouping Partner function.
- Click on Partner Function in procedure node.
- Enter Partner Det. Procedure / Partner function / Name.
Step 3 - Assign the partner determination procedure to respective partner object.
We are creating partner function for customer, so here partner object is customer and assign to Account Group.
|Partner Object||Assign to|
|Sales Document Header||Sales Document Type|
|Sales Document Item||Item category Type|
|Delivery Header||Delivery Document Type|
|Shipment Header||Shipment Document Type|
|Billing Header||Billing Document Type|
|Billing Item||Billing Item Category type|
- Click on Account groups - Function Node and click on New entries Button.
- Enter Partner function / Name / Account Group / Name.